We generally hear about different views regarding virtual computer games. In this story we find personalities teleporting themselves to other bodies.
Sebastian Shultz meets with a severe motor way accident. His body is badly injured. He becomes unconscious on the spot. He is admitted to general hospital. Doctors declare his state as critical yet stable. The doctors too are not hopeful. He awakes with the memory of a dangerous dream as he is caught in a dragons trap. It imprisons him but he requests a boy called Michael who visits there to rescue him. He tries but fails for the first time. Then Shultz suggests to him jail break plan but he cannot be rescued this time. Then he requests him third and last time to enter the war zone. There are jeeps, tanks, guns, helicopters etc. They escape from the jail and run across a no man’s island. He sees a jeep. They ride in it towards the helicopter. He breaks the car, but it starts spinning like a top. Michael jumps into the helicopter, but he cannot. A chasing tank hits their jeep, which throws him up in the air near the helicopter. Then Michael pulls him in the helicopter. Later on, he comes to know that actually he is teleported in a game of Michael and now how he reaches there, is also equally interesting. Shultz’s memory is stored in his laptop at the time of the accident. His games are stolen at the time of accident. The games are sold in a computer fair. And Michael has bought the game. Thus he enters Michael’s game. When Michael enters the virtual world, Schulz requests him to save him. Michael is a gentle boy so he saves Schultz. Shultz thanked him because due to his help, he has awoken from coma.
Points to remember:
1. Sebastian Shultz was badly injured in a motor way accident and went into a coma.
2. Sebastian’s memory was saved in the computer, when he banged his head on it during the accident.
3. The games were stolen from Shultz’s house.
4. Michael bought the latest psycho – driven games from the computer fair.
5. Sebastian Shultz was the second sheriff in the dragon’s quest. When Michael played the game he entered Sebastian’s memory.
6. Sebastian failed to save the boy who fell through the air.
7. Sebastian requested Michael to try jail-break.
8. Sebastian thought the helicopter was the right idea and they should go into the war-zone.
9. Michael pulled Sebastian into the helicopter and the screen flashed the score of 40,000,000.
10. Sebastian thanked Michael for saving his life and asked him to keep the games.
Short answer type questions:
1.What had happened to Sebastian Shultz? How was he at present?
2.How did the narrator come to know about Sebastian Shultz’s condition?
3.When did the first video game Wild West become complicated? Who was the second sheriff? How does the narrator describe him?
4.When did the first video game come to an end and with what?
5.What was the second video game Dragon quest about?
6.What did Sebastian Shultz suggest to Michael, the narrator to save him?7.What happened when the narrator swiped a skeleton’s e-card?
8.What plan did Sebastian Shultz have for escaping from prison cell? How did it fail?
9.The narrator tried the three video games to rescue Sebastian Shultz, but could not. What did he do and why?
10.How did the narrator rescue Sebastian Shultz after entering the Warzone?
11.How did the narrator happen to crack the video game?
II) Long answer type questions:
1. How did the narrator come to know about Sebastian Shultz? What had happened tohim? How did the narrator happen to initiate rescuing him?
2. Describe what Michael finds in the video game “Wildwest” when he plays it? Whowas the second sheriff?
3. What did Michael do after he got a message “I’m struck. Please help to retrieve me. try Dragonquest”? Describe how Sebastian Shultz could not be rescued.
4.How did the narrator finally rescue Sebastian Shultz starting from the second Video Game,“Dragonquest”?
Short answer type questions
1. What had happened to Sebastian Shultz ?How was he at present?
Ans. Sebastian had been badly injured in a motorway accident. Hiscondition was critical but stable .Despite doctor’s hope hedidn’t regain consciousness. He was in a coma.
2. How did the narrator come to know about Sebastian Shultz’s condition?
Ans. The narrator came to know about Sebastian from a newspaper article. He happened to see that a big woman was reading it. It was titled Miracle Recovery and had the name of Sebastian Shultz in it. Itwas about the accident and consequential coma.
3. When did the first video game come to an end and with what?
Ans. The narrator and the second sheriff went ahead on horseback being chased by the horsemen. At that moment the sound of a gunshot echoed round the air. The second sheriff groaned and slumped back against him. At this the game was over.
Long answer type questions
1.How did the narrator come to know about Sebastian Shultz ?
The narrator came to know about Sebastian from a newspaper article. He happened to see that a big woman was reading it. It was titled Miracle Recovery and had the name of Sebastian Shultz in it. Six weeks back Sebastian had been badly injured in a motorway accident. His condition was critical but stable .Despite doctor’s hope he didn’t regain consciousness. He was in a coma.
The narrator had known him recently and recollected the events connected with him. He and his father had bought some video games at the computer fair on reaching home the narrator launched himself into the first of the games called Wild west while playing it he happened to meet Sebastian Shultz in the form of second sheriff
He continued playing the game. Both he and Sebastian were escaping but the gun shot hit Sebastian and he slumped against him. The screen showed the game over with the narrator winning 21095 scores .But he got a message with a request from Sebastian to retrieve him by trying Dragon Quest,.
All Notes on Class 10 English Literature – Fiction, Poem, Drama