CBSE Solved Sample Papers for Class 6 for English Subject is given below. The solved sample papers are created as per the latest CBSE syllabus and curriculum keeping in mind the latest marking schemes.
CBSE Solved Sample Papers for Class 6 for English
Section A (Reading)
Question 1: Read the passages given below and answer the questions that follow by choosing the right alternative from the ones given below : (1 * 5 = 5 marks)
(A) Once when the world was young and the Carabao and the Egret had a quarrel .
They spoke many angry words to each other, but their quarrel was not settled. At last, Carabao said,” Let us settle our differences through a contest. Let us go down to the river and drink its water, each as much as she/he can. The winners will make the other his/her slave.”
(1) The quarrel was between __________ and _________ .
- (a) Carabao and Egret
- (b) Egret and Camel
- (c) Carabao and Camel
- (d) Carabao and Eagle
(2) What did they say to each other ?
- (a) To go to the jungle
- (b) Spoke angry words
- (c) To go to the pond
- (d) None of these
(3) How did carabao decide to settle the dispute?
- (a) Through a contest
- (b) With the help of the bing
- (c) Through the game
- (d) Through a friend
(4) What will the winner do ?
- (a) Line in a Cave
- (b) Get reward
- (c) Will make the other his/her slave.
- (d) Will get healthy food.
(5) Give the opposite of “Winner”.
- (a) Loses
- (b) Win
- (c) Fighter
- (d) Lose
- (1) (a)
- (2) (b)
- (3) (a)
- (4) (c)
- (5) (a)
(B) Coconut is the most important nut in the world. Not only it is one of the biggest of all nuts but almost all parts of the tree are useful to the man. It is an elegant palm tree growing upto a height of hundred feet. The flesh of the green coconut is used as a vegetable, the milk inside the young nut as a fresh drink.
Rope matting and brooms are made from the outside layers which protect the nuts. (1 * 5 = 5 marks)
- (1) Which is the most important nut in the world ?
- (2) What is the height of an average coconut tree ?
- (3) Which part of the coconut is used as a vegetable ?
- (4) What is made from the outside layers of the coconut ?
- (5) Give the opposite of “outside”.
- (1) Coconut is the most important nut in the world.
- (2) The height of an average coconut tree is hundred feet.
- (3) The length of coconut is used as vegetable.
- (4) Ropes and brooms are made from outside layer of coconut.
- (5) Outside – inside.
Section – B (Writing)
Question : 2 : Write a letter to the postmaster for change of address. (8 marks)
Write a letter to your father requesting him for permission to go with your friend on an educational tour.
29th jan, 2014
Krishna Nagar Post Office,
Subject : Request for change of address .
I hereby inform you that we have shifted our residence from house no 40-B Krishna Nagar to house No. 68-D, Laxmi nagar .
Kindly change our address in your record .
Please redirect our letters to new address .
Thanking you in anticipation.
29th jan, 2014
My dear father,
During winter break, our school is going to arrange an educational trip to rajasthan . We will go to see Jaipur, Ajmer and Udaipur. We will depart on on 20th feb, 2014 and return back to delhi on 27th feb, 2014. I also want join the tour.
I request you to allow me and send Rs. 2000 by M.O at your earliest. Pay my regards to dear mom , Love to yugaansh.
Your living son,
Question : 3 Write a short paragraph in about 80 words on any one of the following topics :
- (1) A Village Fair
- (2) My School
- (3) Any Festival
Answer : (a) A Village Fair
Last year I visited a Baisakhi Fair in our village. It lasted for four days . These was great life and activity in the fair.
So many stalls were there . there were so many rides as well. Children enjoyed the rides. People wore colorful dresses. They came in carts, tempos and tractors.
There was huge crowd at the fair. I enjoyed a lot my father bought toys for me and my sister. We came back at home at 8 p.m. I was very happy on that day.
(b) My School
I am student of modern public school. It is in barakambha road. It is one of the good school in delhi. our school has a big building. The school building is well – equipped. It has big play ground, library and a staff room. There are more than 100 teachers in our school.
All teachers are very hard working. Our school shows a very good result. I love my school very much.
Diwali is an important festival of the Hindus. Diwali is a festival of lights.
It is celebrated to mark the victory of god over evil. On this day, Lord rama, with Lakshmana and sita returned to Ayodhya. Diwali falls off in the month of October or November. People clean their houses. They decorate their houses and shops with candles and electric bulb. Children lit crackers at night.
On this day, we all worship goddess Lakshami. We all enjoy their festival.
Section : C (Grammer) (20 marks)
Question : 4. Fill in the blacks with correct form of verb from the given alternatives : (4 * ½ = 2 marks)
(i) Do you __________ hockey ? (play)
- (a) Played
- (b) Playing
- (c) Play
- (d) Being played
(ii) He ____________ out for a walk daily. (go)
- (a) Goes
- (b) Will go
- (c) Has gone
- (d) Went
(iii) I ___________ a dress from the market tomorrow (buy)
- (a) Bought
- (b) Shall buy
- (c) Will buy
- (d) None of the above
(iv) She does not ________ tea.(take)
- (a) Take
- (b) Taking
- (c) Took
- (d) Taken
- (i) C
- (ii) A
- (iii) B
- (iv) A
Question 5 : Fill in the blanks with correct form of adjectives. (1/2 * 4 = 2 marks)
- Rajasthan is __________ than delhi (warm)
- Anil is the ___________ boy in our class. (tall)
- Gold is a ___________ metal. (costly)
- Vivaansh’s marks are the _________ in the class.(high)
- (1) Warmer
- (2) Tallest
- (3) Costly
- (4) Hightest
Question 6 : Fill in the blanks with suitable articles (1/2 * 2 = 3 marks)
- (i) I have ________ one rupee note.
- (ii) Yugaansh is not ______ indian.
- (i) A
- (ii) An
Question 7 : Change the gender. (1/2 * 4 = 2 marks)
- (a) Fox
- (b) Bull
- (c) Dog
- (d) Husband
- (a) Vixen
- (b) Cow
- (c) Bitch
- (d) Wife
Question 8 : Change the voice : (1 * 3 = 3 marks)
- (1) He helped my sister.
- (2) Ram was helping shayam.
- (3) He stole a purse.
- (1) My sister helped by him.
- (2) Shayam was being helped by ram.
- (3) A purse was stolen by him.
Question 9 : Fill in the blanks using the correct word from the given alternatives. (1 * 3 = 3 marks)
(1) My grandmother told me a fairy ___________
- (a) Tail
- (b) Table
(2) There is _______ in our house.
- (a) Peace
- (b) Piece
(3) Do not _____________ your yime.
- (a) Waste
- (b) Waist
- (1) B
- (2) A
- (3) A
Question 10 : Fill in the blanks using suitable modals from the given alternatives (1 * 3 = 3 marks)
(1) We ____________ respect our parents.
- (a) Have to
- (b) Has to
- (c) Must
- (d) Can
(2) She ______________ speak English fluently.
- (a) Has to
- (b) Can
- (c) Must
- (d) Have to
(3) You __________ run fast to catch the bus.
- (a) Have to
- (b) Has to
- (c) Can
- (d) Must
- (1) C
- (2) B
- (3) D
Question 11 : Fill in the blanks with suitable prepositions from the given alternatives : (1 * 2 = 2 marks)
(1) I am afraid ________ snake.
- (a) By
- (b) Of
- (c) With
- (d) To
(2) We are prepared ___________ the test.
- (a) With
- (b) For
- (c) By
- (d) To
- (1) A
- (2) B
Section – D (Literature)
Read the extract given below and answer the questions that follow: (2 * 5 = 10 marks)
The cobra was weakening, and the mongoose walking fearlessly up to it, raised himself on his short legs and with a lighting snap had the big snake by the snout. The cobra writhed and lashed about in a frightening manner and even coiled itself about the mongoose; but to no avail. The little fellow hung grimly on, until the snake had ceased to struggle.
He then smelt along its quivering length gripped it round the hood, and dragged it into the bushes.
- (1) Name the lesson.
- (2) Who was growing weak?
- (3) What did the mongoose do then?
- (4) What did the mongoose do with the dead snake?
- (5) Which word in the passage means “pulled”.
- (1) The lesson is the “The Banyan Tree”.
- (2) Snake was growing weak.
- (3) He grabbed the cobra by its neck.
- (4) He dragged it in the bushes.
- (5) Pulled means dragged in the passage.
Question 13 : Answer the following questions: (any five) (5 * 2 = 10 marks)
- (1) How did the villagers react to the aunt’s case?
- (2) Why was algu upset over jumman’s nomination as a head punch?
- (3) How to desert animals survive without water?
- (4) An old man won a clock and sold it back to the shopkeeper. How much money did he make?
- (5) Why has sleep been called a wonder?
- (6) What did the myna do finally?
- (7) What happened to the crow in the end?
- (1) The villagers did not support aunt. They asked her to make peace with jumman, some also laughed at her.
- (2) Algu thought that jumman would never give the verdict in his favor as he had given the decision in favor of aunt.
- (3) The dessert animals find different ways to survive without water. Gerbils spend hottest part of day in cool burrows. The beetles catch drops of moisture on their legs. They make themselves adapted to the conditions.
- (4) The old man made Rs. 15 by selling the clock back to the shopkeeper.
- (5) Sleep has been called a wonder because our body and brain recover from the tiredness caused due to our daily activities. After a good sleep and the rest it provides, we become alert and active again to resume activities of the day.
- (6) Finally the myna flew down, peeped into the bushes, congratulated the winner and flew away.
- (7) The crow bitten by cobra was thrown 20 feet across the garden. It fluttered for a while but finally died.
Question 14 : Write three lines of any poem that you have learnt from the text. (3 marks)
Do they wear pajamas?
And to they watch TV?
And do they pick their noses?
Question 15 : Answer the following questions: (2 marks)
(a) Why do you think the speaker in the poem. “what if” has these worries? Can you think of ways to get rid off these worries?
(b) What wishes does the child in the poem make?
(a) Thinking too much brings him hurdles. He should stop reading such anecdotes and magic feats to overcome his fears.
(b) The child wishes to become a hawker, a gardener and watchman.
Question 16 : Answer the following questions. (any five) (2 * 5 = 10 marks)
- (i) What made the ghost speechless?
- (ii) Why did Vijay Singh ask the ghost disquised as natwar to come closer?
- (iii) Who did the two friends the monkey and the crocodile talk about?
- (iv) Why is prem determined not to return to his village?
- (v) How can you define dream?
- (vi) What did the specialist prescribe saeeda’s mother in addition to medicine?
- (vii) Why were the sunrays been to go down to the earth the next day?
- (i) Vijay Singh called the ghost stupid. He told him that being tired of wrestling with men, he wanted to fight a ghost the ghost speechless to near it.
- (ii) Vijay Singh asked the ghost disguised as natwar to come closer because like all good wrestlers vijay singh wanted to assess the strength of his opponent.
- (iii) The two friends monkey and crocodile talked about birds, animals, near by villages and village difficulties.
- (iv) There is an atmosphere of hate and violence in prem’s village. The people fought with those who prayed to another god. They even burnt places of worship of each other.
- (v) Dream is a mental state which takes place when we are a sleep. It indicates about the problems one is facing.
- (vi) The specialist asked her to leave the dark hovel and move to a big room with windows open. He told her to sit in sunshine every morning from eight to nine.
- (vii) Due to the thick clouds, the sun asked the rays not to go the earth. But the ray who had made a pact with saeeda told the sun that the she must go down to the earth. Thus, she fulfilled her promise.
Leave a Reply