Get here NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History Chapter 3. These NCERT Solutions for Class 6 of Social Science History subject includes detailed answers of all the questions in Chapter 3 – From Gathering to Growing Food provided in NCERT Book which is prescribed for class 6 in schools.
Resource: National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) Solutions
Class: 6th Class
Subject: Social Science – History
Chapter: Chapter 3 – From Gathering to Growing Food
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Chapter 3 – From Gathering to Growing Food
Question 1: Why do people who grow crops have to stay in the same place for a long time?
Answer: We know that a plant takes several months to bear fruits and seeds. So, people had to stay at the same place for a long time to take care of the crop.
Question 2: Look at the table on page 25. If Neinuo wanted to eat rice, which are the places she should have visited?
Answer: Koldihwa and Mahagara in modern day Uttar Pradesh
Question 3: Why do archaeologists think that many people who lived in Mehrgarh were hunters to start with and that herding became more important later?
Answer: Archaeologists have found different types of remains from different levels of excavation at Mehrgarh. Remains from deeper levels show bones of wild animals. This shows that people were still hunters. Remains from upper levels show bones of domesticated animals. This shows that later on people became herders.
Question 4: State whether true or false:
- Millets have been found at Hallur. [True]
- People in Burzahom lived in rectangular houses. [False]
- Chirand is a site in Kashmir. [False]
- Jadeite, found in Daojali Hading, may have been brought from China. [True]
Question 5: List three ways in which the lives of farmers and herders would have been different from that of hunter-gatherers.
- Lived nomadic life.
- Depended on wild animals for meat.
- Food supply was not secure.
- Lived settled life.
- Depended on domesticated animals for meat.
- Food supply was more secure.
Question 6: Make a list of all the animals mentioned in the table in NCERT Book. For each one, describe what they may have been used for.
|« Previous||Next »|
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History All Chapters
- History Chapter 1 – What, Where, How and When?
- History Chapter 2 – On The Trial of the Earliest People
- History Chapter 3 – From Gathering to Growing Food
- History Chapter 4 – In the Earliest Cities
- History Chapter 5 – What Books and Burials Tell Us
- History Chapter 6 – Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic
- History Chapter 7 – New Questions and Ideas
- History Chapter 8 – Ashoka, The Emperor Who Gave Up War
- History Chapter 9 – Vital Villages, Thriving Towns
- History Chapter 10 – Traders, Kings and Pilgrims
- History Chapter 11 – New Empires and Kingdoms
- History Chapter 12 – Buildings, Paintings and Books
We hope that our NCERT Solutions for class 6 Social Science History helped with your studies! If you liked our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History, please share this post.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 All Subjects