|ANTHE'18 for Class 8, 9, 10. 100% Scholarship. Cash Rewards.||Apply Now!|
Get here NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History Chapter 9. These NCERT Solutions for Class 6 of Social Science History subject includes detailed answers of all the questions in Chapter 9 – Vital Villages, Thriving Towns provided in NCERT Book which is prescribed for class 6 in schools.
Resource: National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) Solutions
Class: 6th Class
Subject: Social Science – History
Chapter: Chapter 9 – Vital Villages, Thriving Towns
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Chapter 9 – Vital Villages, Thriving Towns
Question 1: Fill in the blanks:
a. ———————— was a word used for large landowners in Tamil.
b. The gramabhojaka often got his land cultivated by the ————————
Answer: dasa karmakara
c. Ploughmen were known as ———————— in Tamil.
d. Most grihapatis were ———————— landowners.
Question 2: Describe the functions of the gramabhojaka. Why do you think he was powerful?
Answer: The gramabhojaka had the authority to collect taxes from other farmers. He also served the function of a judge and sometimes, that of a policeman. He was the biggest landowner in the village and exercised many powers. Hence, he was very powerful in the village.
Question 3: List the crafts persons who would have been present in both villages and cities.
Answer: Carpenter, ironsmith, potter, weaver, etc.
Question 4: Choose the correct answer:
(1) Ring wells were used for:
- washing clothes
Answer: (4) Drainage
(2) Punch marked coins were made of:
Answer: (1) silver
(3) Mathura was an important:
- religious centre
- forested area
Answer: (3) religious centre
(4) Shrenis were associations of:
- crafts persons
Answer: (2) crafts persons
Question 5: Which of the iron tools shown on page 87 (NCERT Book) would have been important for agriculture? What would the other tools have been used for?
Answer: Sickle was more important for agriculture. Axe could be used for chopping wood. Tongs could be used in kitchen or by ironsmith; to hold a hot item.
Question 6: Compare the drainage system in your locality with that of the cities mentioned in the lesson. What similarities and differences do you notice?
Answer: The modern drainage system is made of pipes. Pipes can be made of plastic, concrete or metal. In the cities (in this lesson), the drainage was made by many rings which were stacked over one another. The rings also made a tube-like structure. Use of tubes and ceramic are the similarities. Use of rings in those cities is the difference.
|« Previous||Next »|
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History All Chapters
- History Chapter 1 – What, Where, How and When?
- History Chapter 2 – On The Trial of the Earliest People
- History Chapter 3 – From Gathering to Growing Food
- History Chapter 4 – In the Earliest Cities
- History Chapter 5 – What Books and Burials Tell Us
- History Chapter 6 – Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic
- History Chapter 7 – New Questions and Ideas
- History Chapter 8 – Ashoka, The Emperor Who Gave Up War
- History Chapter 9 – Vital Villages, Thriving Towns
- History Chapter 10 – Traders, Kings and Pilgrims
- History Chapter 11 – New Empires and Kingdoms
- History Chapter 12 – Buildings, Paintings and Books
We hope that our NCERT Solutions for class 6 Social Science History helped with your studies! If you liked our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History, please share this post.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 All Subjects