Class 10 Social Science Gender Religion and Caste – Get here the Notes for Class 10 Gender Religion and Caste. Candidates who are ambitious to qualify the Class 10 with good score can check this article for Notes. This is possible only when you have the best CBSE Class 10 Social Science study material and a smart preparation plan. To assist you with that, we are here with notes. Hope these notes will helps you understand the important topics and remember the key points for exam point of view. Below we provided the Notes of Class 10 Social Science for topic Gender Religion and Caste.
- Class: 10
- Subject: Social Science
- Topic: Gender Religion and Caste
- Resource: Notes
CBSE Notes Class 10 Social Science Gender Religion and Caste
Candidates who are pursuing in Class 10 are advised to revise the notes from this post. With the help of Notes, candidates can plan their Strategy for particular weaker section of the subject and study hard. So, go ahead and check the Important Notes for Class 10 Social Science Gender Religion and Caste from this article.
Public / Private Division
- In fact the majority of women do some sort of paid work in addition to domestic labour. But their work is not valued and does not get recognition.
- Although women constitute half of the humanity, their role in public life especially politics, is minimal in most societies.
- Women in different parts of the world organised and agitated for equal rights. There were agitation demanded enhancing the political and legal status of women and improving their educational and other opportunities. More radical women movements aimed at equality in personal and family life as well. These movements are called feminist movements.
Patriarchal Society : Mostly societies are male dominating even day to day participation of women may increase than also our society is a patriarchal society on the basis of :
- Literacy rate
- No wonder the proportion of women among the highly paid and valued jobs is still very small.
- Her work is not paid and therefore often not valued.
- Women are paid less than men.
- Girl child aborted before she is born.
- various kinds of harassment, exploitation and violence against women. Religion, Communalism and Politics
- Unlike gender differences, the religious differences are often expressed in the field of politics.
- Communalism happens when beliefs of one religion are presented as superior to thoseof other religions, when the demands of one religious group are formed in opposition to another and when state power is used to establish domination of one religious group over the rest. This manner of using religious in politics is communal politics.
Communalism can take various forms in politics
- Stereo types of religious communities and belief in the superiority of one’s religion over other religions.
- A desire to form a separate political unit.
- Often involves special appeal to the interests in preference to others.
- Ugly form of communal violence, riots and massacre. Secular State
- No official religion – constitution does not give a special status to any religion.
- Freedom to profess, practice and propagate any religion.
- The constitution prohibits discrimination on ground of religion.
- Allows the state to intervene is the matter of religion.
- Ensure equality within religious communities.
Caste and Politics
- They keep in mind the caste composition of the electorate and nominate candidates from different castes.
- Political parties and candidates in elections make appeals to caste sentiments to muster support.
- No parliamentary constituency in the country has a clear majority of one single caste.
- No party wins the votes of all the voters of a caste or community.
1. What do you mean by division of sex?
2. What do you mean by Feminism?
3. What do you mean by communal politics?
4. Mention any two constitutional provisions that make. India a secular state?
5. What sexual division of labour?
6. State different forms of communal politics with one example each.
Class 10 Key Points, Important Questions & Practice Papers
Hope these notes helped you in your schools exam preparation. Candidates can also check out the Key Points, Important Questions & Practice Papers for various Subjects for Class 10 in both Hindi and English language form the link below.
|Class 10 Maths||कक्षा 10 गणित|
|Class 10 Science||कक्षा 10 विज्ञान|
|Class 10 Social Science||कक्षा 10 सामाजिक विज्ञान|
|Class 10 English|
Class 10 NCERT Solutions
Candidates who are studying in Class 10 can also check Class 10 NCERT Solutions from here. This will help the candidates to know the solutions for all subjects covered in Class 10th. Candidates can click on the subject wise link to get the same. Class 10 Chapter-wise, detailed solutions to the questions of the NCERT textbooks are provided with the objective of helping students compare their answers with the sample answers.
Class 10 Mock Test / Practice
Mock test are the practice test or you can say the blue print of the main exam. Before appearing in the main examination, candidates must try mock test as it helps the students learn from their mistakes. With the help of Class 10 Mock Test / Practice, candidates can also get an idea about the pattern and marking scheme of that examination. For the sake of the candidates we are providing Class 10 Mock Test / Practice links below.
Class 10 Exemplar Questions
Exemplar Questions Class 10 is a very important resource for students preparing for the Examination. Here we have provided Exemplar Problems Solutions along with NCERT Exemplar Problems Class 10. Question from very important topics is covered by Exemplar Questions for Class 10.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.