Management is one of the largest, most varied and most interesting areas of work in the global economy. In simple words, management is the process of managing people and resources in businesses. Though management can be done in every field, but generally, it symbolizes a career in corporate houses, hospitality industry, multinational firms etc.
Management education enables one to understand all major and minor aspects of business administration. Planning, organizing, leading, monitoring, delegating and controlling are some essentials of a management curriculum.
Different areas of management-
Some of the traditional areas of management are-
- Human Resource
- International Business
- Operations (Production and shop-floor management)
- Rural Management
- Education Management etc.
However, many new fields of specialization have also cropped up due to globalization and liberalization. Some of these are-
- Retail Management
- Supply-Chain Management
- Event Management
- Health-Care Administration
- Money Management
- Real Estate Management
Courses in management are offered generally at undergraduate and postgraduate degree/diploma levels, by government and private management institutes. Individuals can pursue these courses through distance learning mode also.
Courses at Undergraduate Level
Courses at Post-Graduate Level-
A graduate from any stream can pursue post-graduate studies in management, leading to Masters in Business Administration (M.B.A.) or Post Graduate Diploma in Management (P.G.D.M.).
Who employs Management Graduates
- Consulting Firms, Corporate Organisations, Multi-Nationals.
- Banks, Foreign Banks, Foreign Financial Institution.
- Advertising Firms.
- Consumer Goods Manufacturers, Export Houses, Business Houses.
- Market Research Organisation.
- Insurance Firms
- Government and Public Sectors
- Non-Profit Organisations
- Freelance or Consultancies- Work as a freelancer or on a consultancy basis.
- Social Enterprises- Which help people and communities or charity based organizations.
- Sole Trader or Retailer- If you run your own business.
Leave a Reply