State Level National Talent Search Examination, for the students of class X or for those who appeared at the 10th level examination, through ODL mode held on 05 Nov 2017 (Sunday) in the different centers in the state of West Bengal. Directorate of School Education, West Bengal, Bikash Bhavan, 7th floor, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700091 conducted the said examination.
West Bengal NTSE 2017-18
West Bengal NTSE 2017-18 has conducted by Government of West Bengal Directorate of School Education Bikash Bhawan,7th floor, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700091 this year. This is a talent search examination conducted for class x students every year. This year the examination conducted on November 05, 2017 on various centers in West Bengal.
Schedule for the West Bengal NTSE 2017-2018 is given below.
|Online Application available from||01 Aug 2017|
|Last date of submission of application||31 Aug 2017|
|Availability of WB NTSE admit card||24 Oct 2017|
|Last date to download the admit card||01 Nov 2017|
|Date of Examination||05 Nov 2017|
|Declaration of Merit List||22 Feb 2018|
West Bengal NTSE 2017-18 Result
The Merit list for West Bengal NTSE 2017-18 has been released by Government of West Bengal Directorate of School Education Bikash Bhawan, Kolkata. The students who appeared in the examination can check their names in merit list from the official site of West Bengal NTSE also they can check the same in the link provided below.
Merit List: Click here to check your name in West Bengal NTSE 2017-18 Merit list.
Cut Off For West Bengal NTSE 2017-18
|S No.||Category and related Code||Cut Off|
West Bengal NTSE 2017-2018 Answer Key
Official Answer Key for West Bengal NTSE 2017-2018 is available now. Candidates who have appeared in the NTSE Exam can find the link for WB NTSE 2017 Answer Key below.
West Bengal NTSE 2017 Official Answer Key:
Note: All appeared candidates of NTSE, 2018 are requested to give their feedback regarding answer keys of the said examination within November 19, 2017 through e-mail in help [email protected] Any feedback after November 19, 2017 will not be entertained.
|Institute Name||SAT Answer Key||MAT Answer Key||LCT Answer Key|
|Aakash||Click here||Click here||Click here|
|FIIT JEE||Click here||Click here||Click here|
Admit Card for West Bengal NTSE 2017 has been published, now candidates can download it from the link given below or from the official website. If any problem occurs kindly contact the concerned office of the District Inspector of Schools (SE) by 3.11.2017.
Application Form of West Bengal NTSE 2017 – 2018 is available now. Candidates have to fill their Application form online on or before the last date of application form. The direct link to fill the application form is given below.
- Application Process is over now..!!
Instructions to fill the Application Form online
Step 1 : Click on the ‘New User Register Here’ link and fill up the personal details along with one Mobile number (a Mobile number and email Id used once, could not be used the second time for registration) and register. A registration number will be generated which should be noted down along with the password given to log in to the system in future.
- Log in to your account using registration number and password.
- Edit the form and fill in other details and upload scanned copy of your passport size photograph. The image file for photograph should be in .jpeg/jpg format and maximum size limit is 20KB. Save the form. The form may be edited in till it is locked by you.
- Once the form is filled in with correct particulars and complete in all respect, the same should be locked. A printout of the filled-in application along with the format for Certificate from the Head of the School/Institution (HOI) should be taken out.
Step 3 :
- Applicant has to take out the printed application form and Certificate to the Head of the School/Institution (HOI) where he/she is studying and get the Certificate signed with official seal and upload the signed Certificate to his/her account along with scanned copies of:
- Caste Certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if applicable
- Disability Certificate (40% and above disability must be certified by the Competent Medical Board of the State Govt./Central Govt.), if applicable
-duly signed by the concerned School Authority latest by 31st August 2017. The maximum size of the scanned document(s) should be 100KB.
- Caste Certificate and Disability Certificate(s) are required only for the SC/ST and Physically Disabled candidates respectively. The application submission is complete only when the Certificate from HOI and other required documents are uploaded, else the candidature of the applicant will be canceled.
- The candidature of the applicant may be canceled at any stage of the examination process without any reference if any false/incorrect information is found in the filled-in application form of the said candidate. Further application form with incomplete/irrelevant information/ photograph/ scanned certificates is liable to be summarily rejected.
- Notification for downloading Online Admit Card will be notified on Notice Section. Please visit scholarship portal for the same and any further information relating the examination.
Students of class X of any affiliated and recognized school under W.B.B.S.E./W.B.B.M.E./I.C.S.E./C.B.S.E in West Bengal securing 50% and above marks (40% and above marks for S.C/S.T/Physically Disabled Candidates) in the final examination of class IX are eligible to appear at State level NTSE, 2018.
Students who have registered under Open Distance Learning (ODL) under NIOS / West Bengal Council of Rabindra Open Schooling and secured 50% and above marks in the pre-10th level examination (40% and above marks for SC/ST/Physically Disabled Candidates) will also be eligible to appear at the examination provided the student is below the age of 18 years (as on 1st July, 2017), the student is not employed and he/she will appear at class 10th level examination for the first time. In case of Study Centres under ODL mode, the Coordinator or Authorized person shall authenticate the required particulars of the candidates mentioning approval number, code etc. of the Study Centre.
West Bengal NTSE other Information
There is no income bar in applying for this scholarship.
The government does not charge any fee for this examination.
There are two Educational Districts in addition to 23 Revenue Districts in West Bengal. Those are- BARRACKPORE Educational District (comprising of Sub-Division:- BARRAKPORE & BIDHANNAGAR) and SILIGURI Educational District (comprising of SILIGURI Sub-Division only)
Further newly created districts are Purba Burdwan (Sub-Division:- Katwa, Kalna, Burdwan Sadar North, Burdwan Sadar South), Paschim Burdwan (comprising of Asansol and Durgapur subdivisions), Kalimpong (comprising of Kalimpong sub-division), Jhargram (comprising of Jhargram sub-division). There are two newly created subdivisions i.e Jhalda in Purulia district and Mirik in Darjeeling district.
- If the candidate is studying in any school under the Jurisdiction of BARRACKPORE or BIDHANNAGAR Administrative Sub-division in that event, he/she must choose BARRACKPORE as district instead of NORTH 24 PARGANAS or KOLKATA.
- If the candidate is studying in any school under SILIGURI Administrative Sub-division in that event, he/she must choose SILIGURI as district instead of DARJEELING.
Applicant should opt for the district in which he/she actually resides within the administrative jurisdiction of the respective district.
Click here for Official Notification.
West Bengal NTSE 2016-2017
West Bengal NTSE 2016-17 examination was held on 13 Nov 2016 and now the Result for the same has been published. Candidates can check the answer key which is provided below.
To Check NTSE Result by Login – Click Here
Answer Key 2016
West Bengal NTSE 2016-17 examination was held on 13 Nov 2016 and now the Official Answer key for the same has been published. Candidates can check the answer key which is provided below.
Note : All appeared candidates of NTSE, 2017 (State level) are requested to give their feedback regarding answer keys of examinations within 27 Nov 2016 through e-mail in [email protected] Any feedback after 27 Nov 2016 will not be entertained.