CBSE Heritage India Quiz 2018: CBSE has released the exam date for 1st round (Phase 1) of CBSE Heritage India Quiz 2018. CBSE Heritage India Quiz is an Inter School Quiz Competition that was conceptualized by the Board with the objective to inform the growing generation of students the inter-link between their culture and heritage and the need for sustainable socio-economic development alongside modernization. Being the 150th Birth anniversary of Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi, the Heritage India Quiz would also include 25% questions on the Life and works of Mahatma Gandhi. The All India quiz is expected to reach students across the country, thereby sensitizing them to the rich cultural diversity that is inherently Indian. Yet another worthy aim of the quiz is to raise awareness among them about the conservation and management of the country’s heritage. The Board, therefore, directs all school heads to ensure the maximum participation of students in this competition. Get the complete details about CBSE Heritage India Quiz 2018 from below.
CBSE Heritage Education and Heritage India Quiz 2018
Indians have always been proud of their cultural heritage. The tangible (monuments/ artifacts), intangible elements (folk traditions/ language) and even natural heritage and its bio-diversity need to be preserved and conserved.It is important for learners to know about the heritage which enables them to understand the beliefs, values, history and socio-cultural context of their country. This helps them to accept and respect the cultural differences given in the diversity and leads to developing critical skills. The theme of the quiz will be,”Valuing the priceless: the value of Heritage and Culture in India – with special focus on the life and works of Mahatma Gandhi.”
|Last date of registration||12 Nov 2018|
|Phase 1 Online Test||19 Dec 2018|
|Phase 2 National Semi-Finals and Final||Dec 2018 – Jan 2019|
|Result of National Semi-Finals and Final||11 Feb 2019|
The result of CBSE Heritage India Quiz 2018 has been released on the official website. All the students who have given the quiz can check the result from the official website of CBSE or from the link provided below.
Result: Click here to check the result of the National semi-finals and final of CBSE heritage India quiz 2018-19.
Phase 1 Online Test
The date of Online Test will be announced through Notification on the academic website of the Board. The quiz competition will be conducted on 19 December 2018. It will be of 50 minutes duration comprising 60 Multiple Choice questions. Each school will be represented by a team of three students who may be selected from classes IX-XII.
On the announced date, an online window will be opened by all the registered schools, using specific registration number and password allocated after successful registration by the Board. This specific registration number and password will be automatically generated once school will submit the online registration form. Each school has to attend the test in their respective IT labs in their own school. On completion of test the team will get the feedback w.r.t. how many correct answers, wrong answers marked and time taken by them during the quiz. There is no negative marking for the wrong answers.
Note: Region wise merit list will be prepared which will be based upon the performance (speed and accuracy) in the online test. The top two teams from every region will qualify for participation in semi-finals.
Phase 2 National Semi Finals and Final
To be held tentatively in the last week of January 2018 to first week of February, 2018. The top 20 teams from the 10 competing regions will be divided into 05 groups of 04 teams each. The winner from each group will qualify for the finals. The National Semi Finals and the Final will be held in Delhi and may be broadcasted by Youtube and other e-media. The date of the National Semi Finals and Final will be put on the CBSE website www.cbseacademic.nic.in-Notification, so that the teams can make necessary arrangements for their travel, lodging and boarding.
Interested schools should submit the registration form and confirm their participation on or before 12th November, 2018, by filling in the online registration form available at www.cbseacademic.nic.in by entering their affiliation number and school number. The registration fees of 900/- per team must be submitted through Credit/debit/net banking/ NEFT transfer.
- Application process is over now!!
- Click Here to login for CBSE Heritage India Quiz 2018.
Note: Details once entered cannot be altered after the online submission of the form.
Prize details of winner in CBSE Heritage Education and Heritage India Quiz 2018 is given below.
- First Prize Rs. 21,000 x 1 team Rs. 21,000
- Second Prize Rs. 12,000 x 1 team Rs. 12,000
- Third Prize Rs. 7,500 x 1 team Rs. 7,500
- Fourth Prize Rs. 4,500 x 1 team Rs. 4,500
- Second Position at semi-final Rs. 3,000 x 4 teams Rs. 12,000
- Third Position at semi-final Rs. 1,500 x 4 teams Rs. 6,000
- Fourth Position (Semi-finals ) 1,000/-x 04 teams Rs.4,000/-
CBSE Heritage India Quiz Question Bank
- Click Here for CBSE Heritage India Quiz Question Bank.
- Click Here for Quiz : Performance Heritage.
- Click Here for Quiz : Natural Heritage
- Click Here for Quiz : Built Heritage
- Click Here for Quiz : Art Heritage
Rules and regulations for participation in CBSE Heritage India Quiz 2018-19
- Any student from class IX to XII can participate.
- There will be three students participating from each school in the first phase i.e online test.
- Schools can register only one team . A second team will not be permitted from any
- The online registration window will remain open from 18th October 2018 to 12th November, 2018.
- The date of online test will be informed through notification once the registration is closed.
- The duration of online test will be 45 minutes and the schools can open the link 15 minutes before the commencement of online test i.e 11:45 noon. The test will commence at IST 12:00 noon.
- There will be no negative marking done in the online test.
- The number of correct responses with time taken will be shown immediately after the online test is conducted.
- Region wise merit will be prepared. Top two teams from each region will be selected for participation in National Semi Finals, which will be conducted at Delhi. In case of tie of the correct responses, the team which has taken shortest duration will be declared as winner.
- In case of tie of the both correct responses and time taken, the team which has more students from lower classes will be declared as winner.
- In case of more than 20 teams qualifying for the National Semi Finals, a second round of online test will be conducted at different venues decided by the Board.
- The National Semi Finals will witness two teams each from across the 10 competing region. The 20 teams will be divided into 05 groups of 4 teams each.
- All the participants of national semi-finals and final will be given a certificate of merit and winners will also be given cash prizes.
- Videography of rounds should be done to avoid any confusion later.
- The computer system with seamless broadband connection should be properly installed in the lab of the school for online test.
For getting more information regarding CBSE Heritage Education and Heritage India Quiz 2018 – Click Here
Official website: cbseacademic.nic.in