KVPY 2020 – Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, offers KVPY fellowship to the students of class 11th / 12th and first year of Undergraduate courses in Basic Sciences. Candidates have to first check the suitable stream namely SA, SX and SB, and then have to apply accordingly. To get the fellowship, the students need to clear an aptitude test and interview. The candidates who are shortlisted are offered monthly stipends according to their streams. Check more about KVPY 2020 here such as exam pattern, eligibility criteria, cut-off etc.
Latest: Updates on application process to be notified in last week of July 2020.
KVPY is divided into 3 streams, SA, SX, SB. SA is for the students of class 11th, SX is for the students of class 12th and SB is for the students who are currently in the first year of UG program in Basic Sciences. Candidates can keep track of all the important dates of KVPY 2020 from the table below.
|KVPY 2020||Important Dates|
|Online registration starts from||Jul 2020|
|Last date to submit form||3rd week of Aug 2020|
|Availability of admit card||2nd week of Oct 2020|
|KVPY 2020 exam date||1st week of Nov 2020|
|Declaration of result||2nd week of Dec 2020|
|Interviews will be held on||Jan – Feb 2021|
|Final KVPY 2020 result declaration||Apr 2021|
Mock Test for KVPY 2020
Check the free mock tests designed by Aglasem for the candidates appearing for KVPY. These mock tests can be taken by the students who are about to appear for the exam. Through the mock test, the students can see where they lie and which areas of study need improvement.
|KVPY SA Stream Mock Test 1||Click here|
|KVPY SA Stream Mock Test 1||Click here|
|KVPY SA Stream Mock Test 1||Click here|
|KVPY SB / SX Stream Mock Test 1||Click here|
|KVPY SB / SX Stream Mock Test 2||Click here|
|KVPY SB / SX Stream Mock Test 2||Click here|
KVPY 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria vary according to the streams like SA, SX and SB. The fellowship is provided to Indian Nationals only. Check the detailed eligibility criteria for KVPY 2020 given below.
For Stream SA-
- Students enrolled in Class 11th (Science subjects) who have secured a minimum of 75% aggregate (65% for SC / ST / PwD) marks in Mathematics and Science in class 10th can apply.
- The fellowship is given 11th class students only if they join an UG course in Basic Sciences (B.Sc / B.S. / B.Stat / B.Math / Int. M.Sc. / Int M.S.).
- Also, to avail the fellowship, the students must secure a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in class 11th standard and 12th examination Science subjects (50% for SC / ST / PwD).
For Stream SX
- According to this stream, the fellowship is given to the students of class 12th(Science subjects) and who want to pursue UG program in basic sciences.
- The students must have a minimum 75% aggregate marks (65% for SC / ST / PwD) in Maths and Science subjects in 10th class examination to apply.
- The fellowship is only given to the students only if they join an UG course in Basic Sciences (B.Sc / B.S. / B.Stat / B.Math / Int. M.Sc. / Int M.S.) after having secured a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in 12th class examination(50% for SC / ST / PwD).
For the Students of Cambridge International Examination Board
- Students who are in their 2nd year of Cambridge International examination board and willing to take a UG program in Basic Sciences namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology can also apply for KVPY.
- The students from Cambridge International Examination Board must have a minimum of 75% in Maths and Science subjects in 10th (65% for SC /S T / PwD). Also, in 12th standard examination they must have 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics and Science subjects. (50% for SC / ST /PwD)
For Stream SB
- Students who are currently enrolled in the 1st year of UG program in Basic Sciences namely Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics & Biology (B.Sc / B.S. / B.Stat / B.Math / Int. M.Sc. / Int M.S.).
- Also, the candidates must have secured a minimum 60% (50% for the reserved categories) aggregate marks in Mathematics and Science subjects (Physics / Chemistry / Biology) in 12th class can apply for KVPY.
- The students in the first year final examination of B.Sc / B.S. / B.Stat / B.Math / Int. M.Sc. / Int M.S must secure a minimum of 60% aggregate marks (50% for SC / ST / PwD).
KYPY 2020 Application Form
Candidates can apply for KVPY 2020 online at kvpy.iisc.ernet.in. The application process for KVPY 2020 comprises of the following steps:
- Go to the official website, kvpy.iisc.ernet.in.
- Next, register by entering the class in which the candidates currently studying, name, e-mail id, contact number etc.
- Then, login with the credentials sent and fill the details like preferences of the exam centre, preference details etc.
- Then, upload the images and documents in the application form.
- Next, pay the application fee.
- Lastly, take the printout of the confirmation page.
Application fee: The application fee can be paid via debit card / credit card / net banking / e-challan. Check the application fee given below for KVPY 2020. This amount is based on last year’ data.
|General / OBC||Rs 1000|
|SC / ST / PwD||Rs 500|
KVPY 2020 Syllabus
IISC do not prescribes any syllabus for KVPY aptitude test. However, the fellowship is for the students of class 10th, 12th and first year UG programme of B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S., so the students are asked questions from the subjects of these courses. The test basically tests the knowledge and analytical ability of the candidates.
KVPY 2020 Exam Pattern
Check the exam pattern given below for KVPY 2020
- Mode: KYPY aptitude test is a computer-based test
- Duration: The exam is conducted for the duration of 3 hours
- Type of questions: Multiple-choice type questions are asked in the exam
- Medium of question paper: The question paper is available in both English and Hindi languages.
- Sections: There are 2 parts in every stream.
- Marking scheme: In Part I, for the incorrect answers, -0.25 marks are deducted. In Part II, for the incorrect answers 0.5 marks are deducted.
|Subjects||No. of questions (Part I) (01 mark each)||No. of questions (Part II) (2 marks each)||Total Marks|
Stream SB / SX
|Subjects||No. of questions (Part I) (01 mark each)||No. of questions (Part II) (02 marks each)||Total Marks|
KVPY 2020 Admit Card
Admit card for KVPY aptitude test releases in the online mode at kvpy.iisc.ernet.in. Candidates can download the KVPY 2020 admit card by entering their user id and password. It consists of the details like name of the candidate, exam date, exam time, reporting time, address of the exam centre, stream etc. Without having the admit card, the candidates cannot take entry in the examination hall, so it is necessary to carry the same on the day of exam.
What to carry to the exam centre?
- A printed copy of the admit card
- A school / college id / any valid id proof
KYPY 2020 Important Books
Check the list of the important books given below for the preparation KYPY aptitude test 2020.
|KVPY SA-Complete Study Material Package (PCMB) for class 11th||Buy Here|
|KVPY 11 Years Solved Paper (2009-2019)||Buy Here|
|KVPY SA Examination Class 11 Practice Test Papers||Buy Here|
|KVPY – SA Biology for Class 11th||Buy Here|
|KVPY 10 year Solved Papers 2009-2018 for SB / SX stream||Buy Here|
|KVPY 2020 – Stream SA & SB / SX Class 11th and 12th Solved Papers 2019-2019||Buy Here|
KVPY Previous Year Question Papers
Check the previous year question papers for KVPY given below.
|2015||Eng | Hindi|
|2014||Eng | Hindi|
|2013||Eng | Hindi|
|2010||Part A Eng | HindiPart B Eng | Hindi|
How to Prepare for KVPY 2020?
Check the preparation tips for KVPY 2020 given below.
- Understand the exam pattern: For the preparation of the exam, make sure to check the exam pattern before hand. Check the number of questions and marking scheme according to the specific stream.
- Refer good books: As suggested by the toppers, first, prepare from NCERT books and then, refer any other books that have the concepts clearly stated in them.
- Do the cross-study as well: If the candidates are appearing for class 11th, then they must study the topics of class 10th and class 12th as well.
- Practice mock tests: For the better preparation of the exam, practice a couple of mock tests a day. It is necessary to understand how exams are conducted and this is why it is necessary to practice mock tests.
KYPY 2020 Answer Key
Answer keys for KVPY are published on the official website, kvpy.iisc.ernet.in along with the question papers. The answers are released according to different streams SA, SX and SB in a PDF file format. Candidates can use the answer keys along with question papers to calculate the scores.
KYPY 2020 Cut-Off
Check the previous year cut-off scores to take admission in KVPY fellowship.
|Steams||For General Category||For SC / ST category||For PwD|
|SA||53% and above||42% and above||42% and above|
|SX||55% and above||45% and above||45% and above|
|SB||50% and above||40 % and above||40 % and abov|
KVPY 2020 Result
Result for KVPY releases online at kvpy.iisc.ernet.in. IISc Bangalore releases the provisional merit list first which depicts the name of those candidates that are qualified to appear for the interview. After the interview, an All India Rank List is published which consists of the All India Rank of the candidates and is prepared according to the marks of the candidates in the aptitude test and interview. The merit list is prepared by giving 75% weightage to the aptitude test and 25% weightage to the interview.
After all the merit lists are published, before the final admission, IISc also releases scores of the aptitude test and interview separately at the official website. The scores can be checked by entering the application number and date of birth.
KVPY 2020 Selection Process
Basically, there are two stages of the selection process. Check the selection process given below for KVPY.
Aptitude Test: The first stage is the aptitude test that candidates have to qualify in order to appear for the interview. The candidates who meets the eligibility criteria as per different streams have to appear for the aptitude test conducted across the country.
Interview: After the aptitude test, shortlisted candidates need to appear for the interview conducted at designated test centres. For this, a separate call letter is issued to the candidates at candidate’ login.
KVPY 2020 Interview
After the result of aptitude test is published, the candidates need to appear for the interview to complete the admission process. As stated above, the candidates need to meet the cut-off marks to appear for the interview. A separate call letter is released for the qualified candidates which can be downloaded by providing KVPY login credentials. Check the list of the documents that need to be taken on the day of the interview.
- Call Letter
- Medical certificate (signed by the competent authority)
- SC / ST certificate (if applicable)
- Attested copy of marks card (10th class marks card for SA / SX stream and 12th class marks card for SB stream)
- Study certificate form (signed by head / principal of the institution where you are currently studying)
- A self-appraisal form
- Teacher Recommendation form (in a sealed envelope)
KVPY 2020 Interview Test Centres
Check the list of the test centres for KVPY given below. These are the centres where exam took place last year.
|IISc Bangalore||IISER Bhopal|
|IIT Madras||IIT Delhi|
|Delhi University||IIT Gandhinagar|
|University of Hyderabad||LNMIT Jaipur|
|MNIT, Jaipur||IISER Kolkata|
|IISER Mohali||IIT Bombay|
|IISER Pune||IIT Ropar|
|IISER Trivandrum||HRI – Allahabad|
|JBNSTS, Kolkata||IACS Kolkata|
|IIT Hyderabad||IICT Hyderabad|
KVPY 2020 Fellowship and Stipend
KVPY Fellowship will be awarded only if a student opts to study any of the undergraduate courses in basic sciences such as B.Sc., B.S., B.Stat., B.Math., Int. M.Sc, Int. M.S. Check the amount given below that is provided as a stipend. The amount mentioned is as per the previous year data.
|Basic Sciences||Monthly Fellowship||Annual Contingency Grant|
|SA / SX / SB – during 1st year to 3rd years of B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math. / Integrated M.Sc. /M.S.||Rs 5000||Rs 20,000|
|SA / SX / SB – during M.Sc. / 4th to 5 th years of Integrated M.SC. / M.S./ M.Math / M.Stat||Rs 7000||Rs 8000|
FAQs for KVPY 2020
Can I give the exam for KVPY in Hindi medium?
Yes, you can give the examination in Hindi medium as well. For selecting this option, you need to select the medium while filling the application form.
What is the mode of KVPY exam?
KVPY aptitude test is a computer-based test.
What is the duration of KVPY and what type of questions are asked in the exam?
The duration of the exam is 3 hours and multiple-choice questions are asked from the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
What is KVPY SA?
This is a stream for which KVPY is conducted. This is for the students who are enrolled in class 11th and have secured minimum 75% marks in the science and mathematics subjects in class 10th.
Can I avail the KVPY fellowship along with any other scholarship?
No, KVPY does not allow its fellow to receive simultaneous fellowship / scholarship from more than one source.
I made a mistake while entering my name in the KVPY 2020 application form. Can I edit after the submission of form?
No, after the submission of form, the candidates will not get a chance to edit the form.
Why is the cut-off released for the students after the aptitude test?
After the aptitude test, the cut-off is released for the students who have qualified the aptitude test and have to appear in the interview. The final admission is based on the combined marks of the aptitude test and interview.
What is the meaning of the phrase ‘computer based test’? I have never taken such a test before.
The phrase means that the test will be conducted on the use to use portal. As such, no higher knowledge of how to use computer is needed.
Is it necessary to study all the 4 subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology?
In stream A, all the subjects are compulsory. However, for SB and SX streams, as there are 4 sections in the test, the candidates may answer any 3 in Part 1 and any 2 in Part 2.
What will happen If I have attempted all the parts in SX/SB streams?
If any candidate attempts more sections or all the sections in SX/SB streams, the best of theree in Part 1 and best of 2 in Part 2 will be considered.
Whom should i contact if I have queries related to the examination centre?
The candidates can write an e-mail to the exam conducting body.
How is the cut-off released for KVPY?
Cut-off is released according to different streams and categories on the official website.
What is the stipend that students get after getting admission?
For SA / SX / SB – during 1st year to 3rd years of B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math. / Integrated M.Sc. /M.S, the candidates get a monthly grant of Rs 5000. For SA / SX / SB – during M.Sc. / 4th to 5 th years of Integrated M.SC. / M.S./ M.Math / M.Stat the candidates get a monthly stipend of Rs 7000.
Official Website: kvpy.iisc.ernet.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.