Himachal Pradesh NTSE 2017 – 2018 – State Council of Educational Research & Training, Solan (Himachal Pradesh) has released notification for H.P Talent Search Examination (HPTSE / NTSE) 2017 – 2018 for class X. The complete details regarding Himachal Pradesh (HPTSE / NTSE) 2017-2018 for Class X such as application form, eligibility criteria, admit card, exam pattern, result etc. are given below.
Himachal Pradesh (HPTSE / NTSE) 2017 – 2018 for Class X
State Council of Educational Research & Training, Solan (Himachal Pradesh) proposes to hold H.P Talent Search Examination (HPTSE / NTSE) 2017 – 2018 for class X students in November 2017 at various Centres in Himachal Pradesh. The students who qualify Stage I of NTSE (state quota fixed) will be eligible to appear in National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) Stage II to be conducted by NCERT, New Delhi.
Schedule for the Himachal Pradesh (HPTSE / NTSE) 2017 – 2018 is given below.
|Last date of submission of Application Forms||31 Aug 2017|
|Date of NTSE-I Examination||05 Nov 2017|
|Result NTSE-I Examination||to be announced|
|Date of NTSE-II Examination||13 May 2018|
Application Forms of Himachal Pradesh (HPTSE / NTSE) 2017 – 2018 is available now. Candidates can also download the application form of HPTSE / NTSE 2017 – 2018 through the direct link given below.
- General Category : Rs. 40/-
- SC/ ST/ PCG Category : Rs. 30/-
- Any regular student of Class x in academic session 2017 – 2018 can appear in this examination. He must have passed IX class securing at least 60% marks (Gen. Category) or 55% (SC/ST/CWSN) in 2016-17 from any recognized School in HP. Attach the attested copy of marks sheet of Class IX.
- Candidate failed in class X is not eligible to sit in examination.
- Student who have registered under Open Distance Learning Programme are also eligible provided he/she is below 18 years age and is not employed.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST must attach attested copies of certiﬁcate from SDM/Tehsildar/Naib Tehsildar.
- Disability certificate (having disability not below 40%) as per PWD act must be issued by CDMO (Chief Distt. Medical Officer. Without these certificates the prescribed concession for SC/ST/ Disability category shall not be given.
Admit card will be issued by the State Council of Educational Research & Training, Solan for the Himachal Pradesh (HPTSE / NTSE) 2017 examination. Candidates must download their admit card to appear for the examination. Make sure that the Admit Card is attached with the Application Form.
Stage – I : The Examination conducted in two sessions on the same day. Question paper is divided into three parts.
|Test Type||Marks||No. of Ques||Duration (in minutes)|
|Mental Ability Test (MAT||Language Comprehensive Test||50||50||90|
|Scholastic Test (SAT)||Basic Science||40||40||90|
Each question carries 1 mark. There will be no negative marksing at state level exam. Write your Roll number and centre code number as given in the Admit Card on the Answer Sheet. Do not mark more than 1 answer for any question. No credit will be given in case of overwriting / cutting or darkening of more than one bubble as answer. Use of eraser / whitener is not allowed for correcting answer.
The minimum qualifying marks for General category candidates shall be 40% and for SC/ST/PCG is 35% for each examination.
Stage – II (National Level) : 34 candidates will be selected in Stage-I and their names will be recommended to NCERT, New Delhi. They shall be eligible to appear in Stage-II of the NTSE. The candidate who is selected in Stage-II will be awarded the Scholarship. There is no provision for State quota at the stage.
- Date of Exam : 13 May, 2018
- Stage-II will also comprise of MAT, SAT and LT.
34 candidates will be selected in Stage I and their names will be recommended to NCERT, New Delhi. They shall be eligible to appear in Stage II of the NTSE.
Himachal Pradesh (HPTSE / NTSE) 2016 – 2017
Result of Himachal Pradesh (HPTSE / NTSE) 2016 – 2017 has been declared. Earlier the examination was held on 06 Nov 2016. The direct link to check the result is also given below for your convenience.