Maharashtra Talent Search Examination (MTSE) 2020 – The offline application form for MTSE Exam 2020 was released on the official website as per the schedule. Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 across the country, the examination conducting body has decided to postpone the exam until further orders. All the students studying in Std. VIII, IX or X in Govt. recognized schools are eligible to participate in the Talent Search Examination. MTSE is a center of search and excellence to search for Talented students. Appearing for MTS Examination has proved to be useful as a preparation for the National Talent Search Examination. The majority of MTSE Scholars have come out with flying colors at the NTS Examination. For more information regarding MTSE Exam 2020, candidates can check below.
Latest: Due to COVID-19 pandemic, the examination date for MTSE Exam for session 2020 has been postponed. Scroll down to check the notice.
MTSE Exam 2020
Candidates must ensure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria before filling up the application form. Students are advised to provide the valid address while filling the form as it will not be possible to communicate if the address is incomplete.The important dates regarding MTSE Exam 2020 are provided below:
|Last date for submission of application form||07 Dec 2019|
|Last date for submission of application form with late fee Rs. 75/-||21 Dec 2019|
|Date of Exam|
|Availability of Interview Letter|
|Interview will be conducted on for selected students of Std. X|
|Announcement of Results of all other students||to be announced|
MTSE 2020 Application Form
Application Form for MTSE Exam 2020 was released at the official website. Candidates were also able to download and fill offline the application form from the link which is given below. Application Form must be filled and submitted on or before its last date.
Application Form: Process is over!!
- If the application form is demanded by the school, taken from recognized co-ordinators – Rs. 150/- for each student.
- If purchased from MTS office/coordinators – Rs. 150/- each
- If forms are required by post for an individual student, then a DD or MO of Rs.200/- (Rs. 150/- + Rs. 50/- Postage) per student should be sent to MTS office. The DD should be drawn in the name of –
Hon. Director, MTS Examination, Pune and payable at Pune.
MTSE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibiity criteria for Maharashtra Talent Search Examination 2020 is provided below:
- All students studying in std. VIII, IX, and X in Govt. recognized schools. Appearing for MTSE has proved to be useful as a preparation for NTS Examination. Majority of MTSE Scholars have succeeded in NTS Examination. However, appearing for MTSE is not a prerequisite for NTSE.
- For appearing at MTSE std. IX, it is not compulsory to have appeared at MTSE std VIII.
- For appearing at MTSE std. X, it is not compulsory to have appeared at MTSE std. VIII & IX.
Appearing for MTS Examination has proved to be useful as a preparation for National Talent Search Examination. Majority of MTSE Scholars have come out with flying colors at the NTS Examination.
MTSE 2020 Examination Pattern
There will be two written papers for all standards and will be conducted on the same day for three hours without any recess between. The questions for the written examination will be of multiple choice type. Four alternative answers will be provided for each question and the student has to select the appropriate answer.
- English / Marathi / Hindi / Urdu will be the medium of examination.
- For MTS Examination student will be provided with a single question paper having both the sections i.e. MAT and SAT and he will have to attempt these 200 questions in 3 hrs. i.e. 180 mins.
- While in NTS Examination at standard X two separate papers for each section will be provided and students will have to attempt 100 questions from each section in 1.5 hrs. i.e. 90 mins.
MTSE 2020 Exam Center
For written examination, the centers will be allotted at District or Taluka places. To allot a centre of examination at least 150 Students should appear for the MTS examination (Std. VIII, Std. IX and Std. X together). If the number of students is less, they will be allotted a nearby centre. Students will have to appear at the given center at their own cost.
Examination Center No., Center code, Exam. No. and place of examination will be communicated to the school by end of March. Students should collect the information from school and write the same in the boxes provided on the Acknowledgement and Admit Card. This information will also be available on the official website.
MTSE 2020 Syllabus
The Syllabus for Maharashtra Talent Search Examination 2020 is provided below, candidates can check.
Paper I – Mental Ability Test (MAT)
It will have a slightly higher difficulty level than the Mental Ability Paper of Scholarship Examination of Std. VII for Std. VIII, MTSE of Std. VIII for Std. IX and MTSE of Std. IX for Std. X.
Paper II – Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
For Std. VIII, Std. IX and Std. X the syllabus will be as per the school syllabus for respective subjects and classes for the entire academic year. The students should use the regular prescribed text books prescribed for the academic year. It is expected that the student should thoroughly study the curriculum of the whole year.
The interview will be conducted only for Std. X carrying 50 marks
There is no specific syllabus for the interview. The abilities such as understanding, analysis, application with respect to the school subjects will be tested. In addition, the knowledge of current national and international events, the environment in which one lives, achievements in extra-curricular activities in school, hobbies, sports etc., will also be considered.
MTSE 2020 Answer Key
The answer key for Maharashtra Talent Search Examination (MTSE) 2020 will be been released for VIII, IX or X on the official website after the successful conduction of examination. Answer keys are usually made available online for the students to give them an idea of how their results would be, with respect to the answers they marked during the Examination.
MTSE 2020 Result
The Merit list of Maharashtra Talent Search Examination (MTSE) 2020 for Std. VIII , Std. IX and Std. X will be prepared at two levels – (a) State level merit list (b) District level merit list. All the students appearing for MTSE 2020 Std. VIII, Std. IX and Std. X will receive their results at their respective schools by the end of June. The complete result of all the students appearing for the examination will also be available on this website.
Instruction to Candidates
- The incomplete application form will be rejected.
- If the amount sent by the student is less than the fee, the application form will not be sent/accepted. No correspondence will be made in this regard.
- It is essential to contact this office if you don’t receive the acknowledgment of your application before the end of March.
- Under unavoidable circumstances, “Hon. Director” reserves the right to change the date, time and center of examination.
- Prior permission of Hon. Director is essential to change the center of examination.
- Changes in the schedule of the interview are not possible.
- The center is not responsible for any postal mishaps/delay.
- The final selection will be based on the performance in written examination and interview.
- The prize will be sent to the residential address by money order/cheque.
- Fees once paid, will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Complaints/suggestions, regarding the exam, should be addressed to Hon. Director, MTSE in written form. The decision of the Hon. Director is final in all such matters.
Official Website: mtsexam.org.
For more details on MTSE 2020, download the notification.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.