Maharashtra Talent Search Examination (MTSE) 2019 – All student studying in Std. VIII, IX or X in Govt. recognized schools are eligible to participate in the Talent Search Examination. MTSE is a center of search and excellence to search for Talented students. To evolve students for NTS and other and competitive examination in future. It also encourages students for various exams by awarding scholarships and prizes.
MTSE Exam 2019
- To search the talented students.
- To equip the students for N.T.S (Std X) and other competitive exams.
- To make the students academically competent to appear for various competitive examinations and to create an urge and ambition to succeed in such examinations from an early age.
- To honor & inspire the students by awarding prizes.
Schedule for the MTSE Exam 2019 is given below.
|Last date for submitted application form||08 Dec 2018|
|Last date for submitted application form with late fee Rs. 75/-||22 Dec 2018|
|Date of Exam||27 Apr 2019|
|Interview will be conducted on for selected students of Std. X||25 May & 04 Jun 2019|
Application Form for MTSE Exam 2019 was released and were available at official website. Candidates can also download and fill offline application form from the link which is given below. Application Form must be filled and submitted on or before its last date.
- Download Application Form – Process over.!!!
- If the application form is demanded by the school, taken from recognized co-ordinators Rs. 150/- for each student as per last year.
- Individual applicant should send Rs. 150/-
- If purchased from MTS office/coordinators Rs. 150/- each
- For obtaining the application form by post, send the amount by M.O / D.D drawn in favor of Hon. Director, Maharashtra Talent Search Examination, Pune, payable at Pune. Cheques will not be accepted. Name of the student, residential address and standard should also be communicated along with M.O / D.D.
- All students studying in std. VIII, IX, and X in Govt. recognized schools. Appearing for MTSE has proved to be useful as a preparation for NTS Examination. Majority of MTSE Scholars have succeeded in NTS Examination. However, appearing for MTSE is not a prerequisite for NTSE.
- For appearing at MTSE std. IX, it is not compulsory to have appeared at MTSE std VIII.
- For appearing at MTSE std. X, it is not compulsory to have appeared at MTSE std.VIII & IX.
- Appearing for MTS Examination has proved to be useful as a preparation for National Talent Search Examination. Majority of MTSE Scholars have come out with flying colors at the NTS Examination.
There will be two written papers for all standards and will be conducted on the same day for three hours without any recess between.
The questions for the written examination will be of multiple choice type. Four alternative answers will be provided for each question and the student has to select the appropriate answer.
* For MTS Examination student will be provided with a single question paper having both the sections i.e. MAT and SAT and he will have to attempt these 200 questions in 3 hrs. i.e. 180 mins. While in NTS Examination at standard X two separate papers for each section will be provided and students will have to attempt 100 questions from each section in 1.5 hrs. i.e. 90 mins.
Interview Carrying 50 Marks will be conducted only for Std. X
Exam Center Details
Examination center will be allotted at Taluka places provided at least 150 students (8th+9th+10th) ARE APPEARING. If the number of students is less, they will be allotted a nearby center. Students will have to appear at the given center at their own cost.
The center for Interview for class 10th will be mainly in Pune. However, if sufficient number of students are there then the interview will be held at some other places in Maharashtra.
Syllabus and Preperation
Paper I – Mental Ability Test (MAT)
It will have a slightly higher difficulty level than the Mental Ability Paper of Scholarship Examination of Std. VII for Std. VIII, MTSE of Std. VIII for Std. IX and MTSE of Std. IX for Std. X.
For Language Section, the questions will be based on the knowledge and vocabulary of stds. VIII/IX/X respectively. Languages Grammar & Comprehension will be tested.
Paper II – Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
For Std. VIII, Std. IX and Std. X the syllabus will be as per the school syllabus for respective subjects and classes for the entire academic year. The students should use the regular prescribed text books prescribed for the academic year. It is expected that the student should thoroughly study the curriculum for the whole year.
The interview will be conducted only for Std. X carrying 50 marks
There is no specific syllabus for the interview. The abilities such as understanding, analysis, application with respect to the school subjects will be tested. In addition, the knowledge of current national and international events, the environment in which one lives, achievements in extra-curricular activities in school, hobbies, sports etc., will also be considered.
The pattern of Question Paper
There will be two written papers.
Total time: Three hours
It will be of multiple choice type. Four alternative answers will be provided for each question and the student has to select the appropriate answer.
Answer Key 2019
The answer key for Maharashtra Talent Search Examination (MTSE) 2019 has been released for VIII, IX or X after the successful conduction of examination. Answer keys are usually made available online for the students to give them an idea of how their results would be, with respect to the answers they marked during the Examination.
Instruction to Candidates
- The incomplete application form will be rejected.
- If the amount sent by the student is less than the fee, the application form will not be sent/accepted. No correspondence will be made in this regard.
- It is essential to contact this office if you don’t receive the acknowledgment of your application before the end of March.
- Under unavoidable circumstances, “Hon. Director” reserves the right to change the date, time and center of examination.
- Prior permission of Hon. Director is essential to change the center of examination.
- Changes in the schedule of the interview are not possible.
- The center is not responsible for any postal mishaps/delay.
- The final selection will be based on the performance in written examination and interview.
- The prize will be sent to the residential address by money order/cheque.
- Fees once paid, will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Complaints/suggestions, regarding the exam, should be addressed to Hon. Director, MTSE in written form. The decision of the Hon. Director is final in all such matters.
Official Website: www.mtsexam.org.
For more details on MTSE 2019, download advertisement.