Time management is the base stone to begin a successful life and make your dreams come true. It is a major challenge that students face today. It is simply the way you regulate or schedule your time.Time management is an important skill to master because it helps you in every sphere of life. If you manage the time and plan rightly, you can finish all your tasks in a timely.
Time management helps you to do a task in time and utilize the time more productively. It helps in identifying useless activities like listening to music for hours, using the internet for hours, talking to friends over phones for hours etc. Such activities are called DISTRACTORS which distract you from your goals.
Most students feel that they have too much to do but not enough time. They blame lack of time for their poor studies. Poor scores and unachieved goals.
Time is our most precious commodity. Once gone you can never get your lost or un utilize time back. In a bank you can keep your money to enhance its value but you can not keep your spare time and have the advantage of increased hours in future.
Learn to value time just like internet time because you pay for it.
Generally people complain of lack of time. In fact the problem lies in poor time management. If you fail to manage your time effectively, you may waste precious time, become unproductive, become stressed, get anxious and worry, get annoyed and angry and dis-satisfied.
Here are some tips for effective time management:
- Avoid procrastination – never postpone for tomorrow what must be done today .However do not try to do everything today what should actually be deferred for tomorrow.
- Set priorities- You may feel disturbed due to too many tasks in hand. Make a to-do list every day and set priorities. Take up the most important ones first. Least important ones can be left for the next day or some other day.
- Make schedule for the day in advance – So that you can determine how much time you can spend on studies and how much time you can spend on other activities. So that everything can be completed within stipulated time.
- Do not hurry – Hurrying up is not always the best way of doing a thing faster Never allow the time clock to chase you.
- Be organized – Organize your place of study and system of studying in an efficient manner. Do not allow telephone calls to take away too much of your time.
- Use a planner – It is easier if you use a planner to track your tasks, so that you can change your free time into a productive time.
- Set time limits for yourself.
- Find the right time when you can work or study more efficiently or feel more energetic. Do the most difficult task during that period.
- Keep some time for relaxation to be stress-out
- Do not take on too many things to be done in one go. Concentrate on one thing at one time.
- Break down your goal into smaller tasks with manageable steps. Make sure your first step is easy enough not to be a failure. But do not hesitate to take a big leap if required.
- Be punctual as a matter of habit.
Finally time management required a high degree of self – discipline. It is crucial for success. It is the man who should manage time and not the other way round.
TIME SLIPS AWAY SOONER THAN YOU THINK
DETERMINATION THE TASK AND SELF-COMMITMENT TO COMPLETE THE TASK IN STIPULATED TIME ALWAYS MAKE THE THING BETTER
Leave a Reply