NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Geography Chapter 7 Tertiary and Quaternary Activities – Here are all the NCERT solutions for Class 12 Geography Chapter 7. This solution contains questions, answers, images, explanations of the complete chapter 7 titled Tertiary and Quaternary Activities taught in Class 12. If you are a student of Class 12 who is using NCERT Textbook to study Geography, then you must come across chapter 7 Tertiary and Quaternary Activities. After you have studied lesson, you must be looking for answers of its questions. Here you can get complete NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Geography Chapter 7 Tertiary and Quaternary Activities.
NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography Chapter 7 Tertiary and Quaternary Activities
Here on AglaSem Schools, you can access to NCERT Book Solutions in free pdf for Geography for Class 12 so that you can refer them as and when required. The NCERT Solutions to the questions after every unit of NCERT textbooks aimed at helping students solving difficult questions.
For a better understanding of this chapter, you should also see summary of Chapter 7 Tertiary and Quaternary Activities , Geography, Class 12.
|Book||Fundamentals Of Human Geography|
Tertiary and Quaternary Activities
NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography chapter 7 Tertiary and Quaternary Activities
Class 12, Geography chapter 7, Tertiary and Quaternary Activities solutions are given below in PDF format. You can view them online or download PDF file for future use.
Tertiary and Quaternary Activities
Did you find NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography chapter 7 Tertiary and Quaternary Activities helpful? If yes, please comment below. Also please like, and share it with your friends!
NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography chapter 7 Tertiary and Quaternary Activities- Video
You can also watch the video solutions of NCERT Class12 Geography chapter 7 Tertiary and Quaternary Activities here.
Video – will be available soon.
If you liked the video, please subscribe to our YouTube channel so that you can get more such interesting and useful study resources.
Download NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography chapter 7 Tertiary and Quaternary Activities In PDF Format
You can also download here the NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography chapter 7 Tertiary and Quaternary Activities in PDF format.
Click Here to download NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Geography chapter 7 Tertiary and Quaternary Activities
Question & Answer
Q.1: Choose the right answer from the four alternatives given below. (i) Which one of the following is a tertiary activity? (a) Farming (b) Trading (c) Weaving (d) Hunting (ii) Which one of the following activities is NOT a secondary sector activity? (a) Iron Smelting (b) Catching fish (c) Making garments (d) Basket Weaving (iii) Which one of the following sectors provides most of the employment in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata. (a) Primary (b) Quaternary (c) Secondary (d) Service (iv) Jobs that involve high degrees and of innovations are known as: (a) Secondary activities (b) Quaternary activities (c) Quinary activities (d) Primary activities (v) Which one of the following activities is related to quaternary sector? (a) Manufacturing computers (b) Paper and Raw pulp production (c) University teaching (d) Printing books (vi) Which one out of the following statements is not true? (a) Outsourcing reduces costs and increases efficiency. (b) At times engineering and manufacturing jobs can also be outsourced. (c) BPOs have better business opportunities as compared to KPOs. (d) There may be dissatisfaction among job seekers in the countries that outsource the job.
Ans : (i) (b) Trading (ii) (b) Catching fish (iii) (d) Service (iv) (d) Primary activities (v) (c) University teaching (vi) (c) BPOs have better business opportunities as compared to KPOs.
Q.2: Answer the following questions in about 30 words. (i) Explain retail trading service. (ii) Describe quaternary services. (iii) Name the fast emerging countries of medical tourism in the world. (iv) What is digital divide?
Ans : (i) Retail trading service is the business activity concerned with the sale of goods directly to the consumers. Most of the retail trading takes place in fixed establishments or stores solely devoted to selling. (ii) Quaternary services involve the collection. production and dissemination of information or even the production of information. These activities centre around research. development and may be seen as an advanced form ot services involving specialised knowledge and technical skills. (iii) India, Thailand, Singapore and Malaysia are the fast emerging countries of medical tourism in the world. (iv) Opportunities emerging from the Information and Communication Technology based development is unevenly distributed across the globe. There are wide ranging economic. political and social differences among countries. While developed countries in general have surged forward. the developing countries have lagged behind and this is known as the digital divide.
Q.3: Answer the following questions in not more than ISO words. (i) Discuss the significance and growth of the service sector in modern economic development. (ii) Explain in detail the significance of transport and communication services.
Ans : (i) Services are usually defined as 'activities' which are relatively detached from material production and hence are not directly involved in the processing of physical materials.
- Services are an important part of modern economic development which include health. education. law. governance and recreation etc.
- Services are provided to individual consumers who can afford to pay for them. Many services have now been regulated with the growth of population. Making and maintaining highways and bridges. maintaining tire fighting departments and supplying or supervising education and customer -care are among the important services most otten supervised or performed by governments or companies.
- State and union legislation have established corporations to supervise and control the marketing ot such services as transport. telecommunication. energy and water supply.
- Professional services are primarily health care. engineering. law and management. The location of recreational and entertainment services depends on the market.
- Today most people are service workers. Services are provided in all societies. But in more developed countries a higher percentage of workers is employed in providing services as compared to less developed countries.
- The trend in employment in this sector has been increasing while it has remained unchanged or decreasing in the primary and secondary activities.
- transport and communication services are called lifeline of an economy.
- Transport is a service or facility by which people, materials and manufactured goods are physically carried from one location to another. Modern society requires speedy and efficient transport systems to assist in the production, distribution and consumption of goods. At every stage in this complex system, the value of the material is significantly enhanced by transportation.
- Communication services involve the transmission ot words and messages, tacts and ideas. The invention of writing preserved messages and helped to make communication dependent on means of transport. These were actually carried by hand, animals, boat, road, rail and air. Where the transport network is efficient, communications are easily disseminated. Certain developments, such as mobile telephony and satellites, have made communications independent ot transport.
NCERT / CBSE Book for Class 12 Geography
You can download the NCERT Book for Class 12 Geography in PDF format for free. Otherwise you can also buy it easily online.
- Click here for NCERT Book for Class 12 Geography
- Click here to buy NCERT Book for Class 12 Geography
All NCERT Solutions Class 12
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Maths
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Accountancy
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Business Studies
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Geography
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Political Science
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 History
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Psychology
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Sociology
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Economics
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 English
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Hindi
All NCERT Solutions
You can also check out NCERT Solutions of other classes here. Click on the class number below to go to relevant NCERT Solutions of Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.
|Class 1||Class 2||Class 3|
|Class 4||Class 5||Class 6|
|Class 7||Class 8||Class 9|
|Class 10||Class 11||Class 12|
Download the NCERT Solutions app for quick access to NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography Chapter 7 Tertiary and Quaternary Activities. It will help you stay updated with relevant study material to help you top your class!
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.