NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Geography Chapter 4 Human Settlement – Here are all the NCERT solutions for Class 12 Geography Chapter 4. This solution contains questions, answers, images, explanations of the complete chapter 4 titled Human Settlement taught in Class 12. If you are a student of Class 12 who is using NCERT Textbook to study Geography, then you must come across chapter 4 Human Settlement. After you have studied lesson, you must be looking for answers of its questions. Here you can get complete NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Geography Chapter 4 Human Settlement.
NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography Chapter 4 Human Settlement
Here on AglaSem Schools, you can access to NCERT Book Solutions in free pdf for Geography for Class 12 so that you can refer them as and when required. The NCERT Solutions to the questions after every unit of NCERT textbooks aimed at helping students solving difficult questions.
For a better understanding of this chapter, you should also see summary of Chapter 4 Human Settlement , Geography, Class 12.
|Book||India People And Economy|
NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography chapter 4 Human Settlement
Class 12, Geography chapter 4, Human Settlement solutions are given below in PDF format. You can view them online or download PDF file for future use.
Did you find NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography chapter 4 Human Settlement helpful? If yes, please comment below. Also please like, and share it with your friends!
NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography chapter 4 Human Settlement- Video
You can also watch the video solutions of NCERT Class12 Geography chapter 4 Human Settlement here.
Video – will be available soon.
If you liked the video, please subscribe to our YouTube channel so that you can get more such interesting and useful study resources.
Download NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography chapter 4 Human Settlement In PDF Format
You can also download here the NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography chapter 4 Human Settlement in PDF format.
Click Here to download NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Geography chapter 4 Human Settlement
Question & Answer
Q.1: Choose the right answer from the four alternatives given below. (i) Which one of the following towns is NOT located on a river bank? (a) Agra (b) Bhopal (c) Patna (d) Kolkata (ii) Which one of the following is NOT the part of the definition of a town as per the census of India? (a) Population density of 400 persons per sq km. (b) Presence of municipality, corporation, etc. (c) More than 75% of the population engaged in primary sector. (d) Population size of more than 5,000 persons. (iii) In which one of the following environments does one expect the presence of dispersed rural settlements? (a) Alluvial plains of Ganga (b) Arid and semi-arid regions of Rajasthan (c) Lower valleys of Himalayas (d) Forests and hills in north-east (iv) Which one of the following group of cities have been arranged in the sequence of their ranks i.e. 1, 2, 3 and 4 in size? (a) Greater Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chennai (b) Delhi, Greater Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata (c) Kolkata, Greater Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata (d) Greater Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, Chennai
Ans : (i) (b) Bhopal (ii) (c) More than 75% of the population engaged in primary sector. (iii) (a) Alluvial plains of Ganga (iv) (d) Greater Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, Chennai
Q.2: Answer the following questions in about 30 words. (i) What are garrison towns? What is their function? (ii) How can one identify an urban agglomeration? (iii) What are the main factors for the location of villages in desert regions? (iv) What are metropolitan cities? How are they different from urban agglomerations?
Ans : (i) Garrison towns are basically towns where military troops permanently stationed. Functions of garrison towns are:
- It helps in maintaining peace and stability.
- It includes important settlements like training centre, offices and residences of military.
Q.3: Answer the following questions in about 150 words. (i) Discuss the features of different types of rural settlements. What are the factors responsible for the settlement patterns in different physical environments? (ii) Can one imagine the presence of only one-function town? Why do the cities become multi- functional?
Ans : (i) There are four types of rural settlements:
- Clustered: It is a compact or closely built up area of houses. The general living area is distinct and separated from the surrounding farms, barns and pastures. These settlements are generally found in fertile alluvial plains and in the northeastern states.
- Semi-clustered: These settlements may result from tendency of clustering in a restricted area of dispersed settlement. These pattern may also result from segregation or fragmentation of a large compact village. In this case, one or more sections of the village society choose or is forced to live a little away from the main cluster or village.
- Hamleted: Sometimes settlement is fragmented into several units physically separated from each other bearing a common name. This segmentation of a large village is often motivated by social and ethnic factors.
- Dispersed: These settlements pattern appears in the form of isolated huts or hamlets of few huts in remote jungles, or on small hills with farms or pasture on the slopes. Extreme dispersion of settlement is often caused by extremely fragmented nature of the terrain and land resource base of habitable areas.
- Physical features include nature of terrain, altitude, climate and availability of water
- Cultural and ethnic factors include social structure, caste and religion
- Security factors include defence against thefts and robberies.
NCERT / CBSE Book for Class 12 Geography
You can download the NCERT Book for Class 12 Geography in PDF format for free. Otherwise you can also buy it easily online.
- Click here for NCERT Book for Class 12 Geography
- Click here to buy NCERT Book for Class 12 Geography
All NCERT Solutions Class 12
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Maths
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Accountancy
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Business Studies
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Geography
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Political Science
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 History
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Psychology
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Sociology
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Economics
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 English
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Hindi
All NCERT Solutions
You can also check out NCERT Solutions of other classes here. Click on the class number below to go to relevant NCERT Solutions of Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.
|Class 1||Class 2||Class 3|
|Class 4||Class 5||Class 6|
|Class 7||Class 8||Class 9|
|Class 10||Class 11||Class 12|
Download the NCERT Solutions app for quick access to NCERT Solutions Class 12 Geography Chapter 4 Human Settlement. It will help you stay updated with relevant study material to help you top your class!
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.