ISC Syllabus for year 2019, 2018, 2017 is given below. Students of Class XII can use this syllabus for their annual examination preparation.
Board: Indian School Certificate
ISC English Syllabus
To develop the ability to:
- derive, infer and critically assess information through listening.
- express oneself by speaking individually, or in a discussion.
- read with comprehension drawing information directly or by inference from the text, through an understanding of grammar and structure, vocabulary and idiom.
- employ a variety of skills in writing : within a framework, using argument or imagination or note making and summarizing.
- use the English language for the purpose of study and social and cultural interaction.
- speak and write clearly and to the purpose, using appropriate grammar, vocabulary and idiom
Aims (Prescribed Texts)
- To enjoy and appreciate literature through a critical study of selected literary works.
- Through the study of literature:
- approach an understanding of humanity.
- develop an interest in the thought and culture of the peoples of the world.
- develop the power of expression and a sense of aesthetic values.
There will be two papers as follows:
- Paper 1: English Language (3 hours) – 100 marks
- Paper 2: Literature in English (3 hours) – 100 marks
English Syllabus for ISC Class 12th is given below.
|Exam Year||ISC Syllabus|