ISC Syllabus for year 2019, 2018, 2018 is given below. Students of Class XII can use this syllabus for their annual examination preparation.
Board: Indian School Certificate
ISC History Syllabus
- To provide accurate knowledge of the most significant events and personalities of the period under study, in sequence and in context.
- To familiarize candidates with factual evidence upon which explanations or judgements about the period must be founded.
- To develop an understanding of the existence of problems and relevance of evidence of explanations.
- To develop the capacity to marshal facts and evaluate evidence and to discuss issues from a historical point of view.
- To develop the capacity to read historical views in the light of new evidence or new interpretation of evidence.
- To foster a sense of historical continuity.
- To encourage diminution of ethnocentric prejudices and to develop a more international approach to world history.
- To develop the ability to express views and arguments clearly using correct terminology of the subject.
- To familiarise candidates with various types of historical evidence and to provide some awareness of the problems involved in evaluating different kinds of source materials.
There will be two papers in the subject
- Paper I: Theory 3 hours – 80 marks
- Paper II: Project Work – 20 marks
Paper I (Theory) – 80 Marks
- Part I (20 marks) will consist of compulsory short answer questions testing fundamental factual knowledge and understanding of the entire syllabus.
- Part II (60 marks) will be divided into two sections,
- Section A and Section B, each consisting of five questions. Each question shall carry 12 marks. Candidates will be required to attempt two questions from each Section and one question from either Section A or Section B. A total of five questions will be attempted from Part II
History Syllabus for ISC Class 12th is given below.
|Exam Year||ISC Syllabus|