ICSE Syllabus for year 2019, 2018, 2017 is given below. Students of Class X can use this syllabus for their annual examination preparation.
Board: Indian Certificate of Secondary Education
Subject: Performing Arts
ICSE Performing Arts Syllabus
- To develop a perceptive, sensitive and critical response to music, dance and drama in its historical and cultural contexts.
- To stimulate and develop an appreciation and enjoyment of music, dance and drama through active involvement.
- To balance the demands of disciplined skills and challenging standards in an environment of emotional, aesthetic, imaginative and creative development.
- To develop performing skills, and so encourage a participation in the wide range of performance activities likely to be found in the school and community.
- To develop a co-operative attitude through the organisation and participation associated with music, dance and drama.
- To provide an appropriate body of knowledge with understanding, and to develop appropriate skills as a basis for further study or leisure or both.
One of the following five syllabuses may be offered:
- Hindustani Music (91)
- Carnatic Music (92)
- Western Music (93)
- Indian Dance (94)
- Drama (95)
There will be one paper of two hours carrying 100 marks and Internal Assessment of 100 marks.
The syllabus is divided into three sections:
- Section A – Vocal Music
- Section B – Instrumental Music
- Section C – Tabla
Candidates will be required to attempt five questions in all, two questions from Section A and either three questions from Section B or three questions from Section C.
Performing Arts Syllabus for ICSE Class 10th is given below.
|Exam Year||ICSE Syllabus|