ICSE Syllabus for year 2019, 2018, 2017 is given below. Students of Class X can use this syllabus for their annual examination preparation.
Board: Indian Certificate of Secondary Education
ICSE Geography Syllabus
- To develop an understanding of terms, concepts and principles related to Geography.
- To explain the cause- effect relationships of natural phenomena.
- To understand the patterns and processes that affect human response to natural environment.
- To understand the use of natural resources and development of regions by mankind.
- To acquire knowledge of and appreciate the interdependence of nations and different regions of the world.
- To know the availability of resources, understand, explain their uses and appreciate the problems of development in India and South Asia.
- To acquire practical skills related to the meaning and use of maps and their use in the study of geography.
There will be one paper of two hours duration carrying 80 marks and Internal Assessment of 20 marks.
The question paper will consist of two parts.
- Part I : (compulsory) will consist of two questions. Question 1 will consist of short answer questions from the entire syllabus and Question 2 will consist of a question based on Map. Candidates will be expected to answer all questions.
- Part II : Candidates will be required to choose any five questions. Candidates will be expected to make the fullest use of sketches, diagrams, graphs and charts in their answers. Questions may require answers involving the interpretation of photographs of geographical interest.
Geography Syllabus for ICSE Class 10th is given below.
|Exam Year||ICSE Syllabus|