ICSE Syllabus for year 2018, 2017, 2016 is given below. Students of Class X can use this syllabus for their annual examination preparation.
Board: Indian Certificate of Secondary Education
ICSE Chemistry Syllabus
- To acquire the knowledge of terms, concepts, processes, techniques and principles related to the subject.
- To develop the ability to apply the knowledge of contents and principles of chemistry in unfamiliar situations.
- To acquire skills in proper handling of apparatus and chemicals.
- To develop scientific temper, attitude and problem solving skills.
- To recognize Chemical Science as having an important impact on the environment relating to cycles in nature; natural resources, pollution.
There will be one paper of two hours duration of 80 marks and Internal Assessment of practical work
carrying 20 marks.
The paper will be divided into two sections,
- Section I : (compulsory) will contain short answer questions on the entire syllabus (40 marks)
- Section II : will contain six questions. Candidates will be required to answer any four of these six
questions (40 marks)
Note: All chemical reactions should be studied with reference to the reactants, products, conditions,
observations and the (balanced) equation.
Chemistry Syllabus for ICSE Class 10th is given below.
|Exam Year||ICSE Syllabus|