ICSE Syllabus for year 2019, 2018, 2017 is given below. Students of Class X can use this syllabus for their annual examination preparation.
Board: Indian Certificate of Secondary Education
Subject: Environmental Science
ICSE Environmental Science Syllabus
- To acquire knowledge of the origin and functioning of the natural system and its correlation with the living world.
- To develop an understanding that human beings, plants and animals are part of a natural phenomenon and are interdependent.
- To appreciate the influence of human activity on natural processes.
- To develop an awareness of the need and responsibility to keep the natural system in a condition that it sustains life.
- To develop sensitivity in personal attitudes to environmental issues.
- To develop an understanding of how local environments contribute to the global environment.
- To develop a sense of responsibility and concern for welfare of the environment and all life forms which share this planet.
- To develop a keen civic sense.
- To develop a sound basis for further study, personal development and participation in local and global environmental concerns.
There will be one paper of two hours duration carrying 80 marks and Internal Assessment of 20 marks.
The paper will have two Sections:
- Section A (Compulsory) will contain short answer questions covering the entire syllabus.
- Section B will contain six questions. Candidates will be required to answer any four questions from this section.
Environmental Science Syllabus for ICSE Class 10th is given below.
|Exam Year||ICSE Syllabus|