ICSE Syllabus for year 2018, 2017, 2016 is given below. Students of Class X can use this syllabus for their annual examination preparation.
Board: Indian Certificate of Secondary Education
Subject: Environmental Applications
ICSE Environmental Applications Syllabus
- To acquire knowledge of the origin and functioning of the natural system and its correlation with the living world.
- To develop an understanding that human beings, plants and animals are part of a natural phenomenon and are interdependent.
- To appreciate influence of human activity on the natural processes.
- To develop awareness of the need and responsibility to keep the natural system in a condition that it sustains life.
- To develop sensitivity in personal attitudes to environmental issues.
- To develop a keen civic sense.
- To develop a sense of responsibility and concern for welfare of the environment and all life forms which share this planet.
- To develop a sound basis for further study, personal development and participation in local and global environmental concerns.
- Understand ‘development’ to intervene in the relationships between society and the natural environment.
- To participate in local issues through carefully monitored projects.
- To create awareness about the role of local communities in sustainable growth.
- To develop an understanding of how local environments contribute to the global environment.
There will be one written paper of two hours duration carrying 100 marks and Internal Assessment of 100 marks.
The paper will have two Sections:
- Section A (Compulsory) will contain short answer questions covering the entire syllabus.
- Section B will consist of questions, which will require detailed answers. There will be a choice of questions in this section.
Environmental Applications Syllabus for ICSE Class 10th is given below.
|Exam Year||ICSE Syllabus|